Home / Node / Lom Stave Church

Lom Stave Church

Share

The Lom Church was mentioned for the first time in writing in 1240, but is believed to be even older. The Church, which is dedicated to the Virgin Mary, St John the Baptist and Olav the Pious, was built in the Basilica style, with the oldest section in the Romanesque style having characteristic rounded arches. It has since been renovated several times. The pulpit and the chancel date from the 18th Century and have ornate engravings. The Lom Church is the township's main church to this day and is closed to tourists during church ceremonies.

Map